MARMI 2016 focuses on analysis, retrieval and semantic interpretation of multimedia and multilingual data in multimodal interaction scenarios and agent-based applications. Of particular interest of MARMI 2016 is the analysis and retrieval of multimedia information in the context of multimodal agent-based systems with dialogue and multimodal conversation capabilities.
The goal of MARMI workshop is threefold. First, the workshop aims at presenting the most recent methods for analysis, retrieval and semantic interpretation of multimedia and multilingual data in multimodal interaction scenarios and agent-based applications. Second, it aims at bringing together practitioners and researchers, both from multimedia retrieval and multimodal interaction domains, to share ideas and experiences in designing and implementing novel multimedia analysis and retrieval techniques and tools for interactive agent-based applications. Third, the workshop aims at evaluating the maturity and efficiency of the multimedia retrieval and analysis techniques for real world multimodal interactive agent-based applications.
Research topics of interest for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Multimedia indexing and retrieval for multimodal interaction in agent applications
- Multimodal conversation and dialogue systems
- Multimedia interaction for agent applications
- Interactive multimedia retrieval in dialogue systems
- Speech and audio analysis and retrieval
- Facial analysis and gesture recognition in the context of agent communication
- Interactive multimedia retrieval agent-based applications
- Fusion of multimedia information in agent-based systems
- Interfaces and visualization tools for interaction with multimedia
- Semantic web approaches for multimedia retrieval in dialogue systems
- Semantic integration and retrieval of multimedia in multimodal interaction agent-based applications
- Multimedia retrieval for multilingual and multimodal communication.
- Semantic reasoning for multimedia analysis and retrieval in interactive dialogue systems
- Multimodal analytics for human machine interaction
- Avatar development for agent applications
- Web and social media retrieval for knowledge-based agent applications
- Multimedia visualization and retrieval using information graphics
- Intelligent user interfaces for multimedia retrieval for interactive applications