Oil Spill Detection Dataset
“Oil spill detection” dataset is a dataset comprising of jpg images extracted from satellite Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data collected from European Space Agency (ESA) databases, the Copernicus Open Access Hub. The downloaded SAR images were acquired using the Sentinel-1 European Satellite. The required geographic coordinates and time of the confirmed oil spills were provided by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) based on the CleanSeaNet service and its records covering a period from 28/09/2015 up to 31/10/2017.
In order to provide you with the dataset you have to follow the following steps:
- Prepare a title and a short description (abstract) of your project.
- Send us an email (based on the template) using your institution’ s email. In order to grant you access to the data we need it to contain the template statements.
Before you apply:
- Be as specific as possible about why you want the dataset.
- In the case of undergraduate and postgraduate students, you should ask your supervisor to complete the form below, and mention you as a supervisee. We cannot collaborate with researchers who do not have a full-time academic contract.
- If you intend to ask for an alternative collaboration agreement from the default one, explain why you think this is appropriate.