3rd MUMIA Training School - Information Retrieval and Interactive Information Access
The Third MUMIA training Summer school on "Information Retrieval and Interactive Information Access" is taking place at Heraklion, Crete, Greece on July 21-25, 2014. The aim of Training School is to give participants grounding in the core topics that constitute the interdisciplinary area of Multilingual and Multifaceted Interactive Information Access. The school is a week-long event consisting of lecturers from MUMIA and invited speakers. Among them, Stefanos Vrochidis of ITI-CERTH will be giving a lecture on "Interactive Content-based Multimedia Retrieval".
The call for participation is available here.
The School is intended for PhD students, Master students or senior researchers such as post-doctoral researchers interested in the fields of information management, information retrieval and related fields.
- Introduction to IR: Foundations and Models by Prof. Keith van Rijsbergen.
- Task-based information interaction evaluation by Prof. Kalervo Jarvelin
- Opinion Retrieval in Social Media by Dr. Georgios Paltoglou
- Faceted Search by Dr. Sebastien Ferre
- Recommender Systems by Dr. Kostas Stefanidis
- IR Evaluation by Dr. Mihai Lupu
- Interactive Content-based Multimedia Retrieval by Dr. Stefanos Vrochidis
- Bridging the Web of Documents with the Web of Data by Dr. Yannis Tzitzikas
- Contextual Search and Contextual Factors Aggregation by Dr. Gabriella Pasi
- Collaborative Information Seeking and Search Interfaces by Dr. Preben Hansen
- Cross-language and Multilingual IR by Prof. Martin Braschler
Student: 200 Euro (early), 250 Euro (late)
Professionals & Academics: 250 Euro (early), 350 Euro (late)
Early Registration: Until June 16, 2014
Summer School: July 21-25, 2014
ABOUT THE VENUE
The training school will be hosted in the premises of FORTH (Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas) one of the largest research centers in Greece with well-organized facilities, highly qualified personnel and a reputation as a top-level research foundation worldwide.
FORTH is around 10km from the center of Heraklion (also written Heraclion, Iraklion, in Greek Ηράκλειο) the largest city, and administrative capital, of the island of Crete, Greece. The ruins of Knossos (the capital of one of the oldest civilizations in the world, the Minoan) is just 5km from Heraklion.
The IC1002 COST Action on Multilingual and Multifaceted Interactive Information Access (MUMIA) coordinates collaboration between researchers and professionals working on three key disciplines for the future of search: machine translation (MT), information retrieval (IR) and multifaceted interactive information access (MIIA).
For any information (apart from fellowships) contact the local organizer Yannis Tzitzikas (firstname.lastname@example.org please also cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the Summer School website